Re: TR6 Steering wheel bushing - The Quick Dirty Wrong Way to Do It

To: "levilevi" <levilevi@home.com>
Subject: Re: TR6 Steering wheel bushing - The Quick Dirty Wrong Way to Do It
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2001 00:36:40 -0500
Cc: "Paul J. Burr" <tigerpb@ids.net>, "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by "levilevi"
>So instead of going
through that long, long process of removing the steering column again I'm
thinking of just driving another bushing in there and hope that Dave Massey
doesn't deduct too many concurs points from me for having three steering
column bushings <g>.
<

Don't worry about that.  I can't count past two on a good day anyway.  I
guess the only question is, is there room in the column to push the old one
down further or is there a step in the ID that will act as a stop?  If the
ID is smooth all the way down then I guess you could line bushings all the
way down and make the steering really tight!  (Sort of like the slot in the
back of the medicine cabinet for old razor blades that just lets them fall
in the wall cavity.  What happens when the cavity fills up?  Could happen
in, oh, about 1000 years)

Dave