Re: carbon canister/emissions related

To: sujit roy <sujitroy@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: carbon canister/emissions related
From: George Richardson <gprtech@frontiernet.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 19:20:28 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
The extra tank and the carbon canister are both there to recover
gasoline fumes that would have been vented to the atmosphere in an older
car. You can remove all of that stuff and it won't affect performance.
but if it works the way it should it eliminates what might be the
biggest source of emissions on a car, raw gasoline fumes.

I've spent more than a little effort restoring my system, since some
previous owner removed the canister and some hoses. Being a regular
driver of a TR3, which has no vapor recovery system, I can appreciate
the job a properly functioning system does.

--
George Richardson
Wyvern - '57 Triumph TR3, TS15559LT -