Re: Is Triumph coming Back???

To: "Mark the Shark" <markie@gte.net>
Subject: Re: Is Triumph coming Back???
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 17:40:40 -0500
Cc: "[unknown]" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>, "Bowen, Patrick" <pbowen@intellinetics.com>, "[unknown]" <Spitfires@autox.team.net>
Message text written by "Mark the Shark"
>It was interesting that BMW kept the Triumph and Riley names.  John Tower
(Phoenix) tried to get the Triumph name but BMW told him it was not
negotiable.  It's hard to think the BMW would care to keep the name if they
didn't have plans to use it but with the car market worldwide in decline,
automakers scaling back I would find it hard to believe BMW would start up
new car line.  I'm sure mentioning a British name in the boardroom of BMW
isn't a smart thing to do. :-)
<

What did Tower offer for the name?  There are many things that will never
be known but my guess is that the offer was negligible and BMW may have
kept it just to save a little face.

Dave