Re: Herald 1200 Convertible Flags

To: herald1200@home.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Herald 1200 Convertible Flags
From: GuyotLeonF@aol.com
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 19:21:56 EST
In a message dated 09/01/01 21:24:42 GMT Standard Time, herald1200@home.com
writes:

> Thanks Leon-
> I have had several similar replies, but yours seems to be the most informed,
> although all have been pretty close to your mark. I don't know why, but I
> just started to wonder about that the other day, and figured someone here
> might know.
>
> On the subject of repro vs. original flags- mine are both originals, I am
> happy to say. Is it possible to easily polish the brass and clear lacquer it
> to keep the shine,

>>>Yes, they polish up quite easily, but personally, I prefer the patina.
My Vitesse is fully restored and everything is very shiny, but my flags I
have not polished, simply because the repro' flags are shiny, and I prefer
the 'originality' of mine, having said that perhaps they were shiny when they
were new?

I am afraid I am was too young back then to take any notice of such things!
Perhaps one of the older members may recall?
John Macartney perhaps?

or should I just enjoy the patina of dimly green brass?

> Both are, of course, removed at the moment during the body restoration, and
> for safe keeping are sharing a spot of honor atop my monitor, so when I
> write, I have them directly above the screen.
>
> As to the nautical meanings, that does sound apropos for a Lucas equipped
> oil deposit distribution system such as the Herald, doesn't it...But, I hope
> to cure her ills over the next few months, and be able to renew her
> pennants, and charge on boldly.
>
> Thanks for the reply,
> Scott
> 64 Herald 1200 Convertible