Re: TR Transporting

To: Edward Woods <fogbro1@home.com>
Subject: Re: TR Transporting
From: bob <rmf3860@erols.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2001 00:47:36 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Ed:

Here's a reprint of my reply to a similar inquiry about a week ago. Hope
it helps you.

Last month I bought a '75 TR6 that I found in Tucson, Az. I called no
less than 25 transport companies and learned a few things about that
business, not to mention that prices were wide ranging. If money is no
object, call Horseless Carriage or Passport and be done with it. If
you're like me, however, you may want to shop a bit.

I don't recommend using an open transporter for any convertible or low
clearance car. All these drivers engage in something called the
"shuffle" where they all gather at local truck terminals and shuffle
cars from one transporter to another depending on who is going in what
direction of the country.

Enough of my rambling. I am very satisfied with the company that I used
to transport my TR6 last month. It's a family owned business. The
drivers are the son and the father. Erik and Fred Hoffman. The company
is Phoenix Collectors, 1040 Cornelia Street, Nashville, TN,  615 361
9081 (or 3081-can't read my writing) or 800 641 0994. They charged me
$1000 for a single car enclosed trailer, door to door from Tucson,
Arizona to Fredericksburg, Va.(aproximately 2300 miles).  There was no
deposit required, no credit card number, no hidden fees or extra
charges, no nothing. When they arrived at my house (eight days early) I
paid them $1000 and a tip. Great service, great price and I was
completely satisfied.

Hope this helps.
Bob Fabie
Fredericksburg, Va