TR2 front end questions

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR2 front end questions
From: Angelo Graham <a3graham@admmail.uwaterloo.ca>
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2001 08:46:58 -0500
Good day listers:
Hello from a snowy Ontario, Canada. Looking at the front end of my TR2 and
intend to upgrade the lower inner front end bushings from plain rubber to
the nylon/steel combination fitted to 3's & 3A's. Has anyone gone through
this change and is it straightforward replacement with no machining involved?
My ball joints and steering ends appear to be in good shape with no
excessive movement or hard spots in their travel. However, the boots have
come away from the body of the joint. Has anyone tried to replace boots on
these joints? A worthwhile exercise or should the entire joint be replaced?
When I replaced joints on my 3A, what I got was offshore copies made from
who knows what. Thought by trying to save the original joints with new
boots might make some sense.
Thanks in advance for any insights.

Angelo Graham
1955 TR2