RE: Oil Dye

To: "TR List (E-mail)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Oil Dye
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 12:57:51 -0700

Prior to putting dye in the gearbox, smell the leaking oil. If it's from the
gearbox, it will have a sulfur smell (assuming you are using gear oil in the
gearbox). Regular engine oil has no sulfur smell. If you have a sample of
the gear oil you are using that would be even better to compare against the
leaking fluid.

Peter Zaborski -- CF58310 UO