RE: Reusing new head gasket after torquing head

To: "'Triumphs'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Reusing new head gasket after torquing head
From: "Eric Conrad" <conrade@qwest.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 16:23:13 -0700
Cc: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>, " Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Thanks to FT, Byron, Bob and Randall.  As you all said, to reuse is to lose.
I'll promptly purchase a new head gasket.  The reason for the "double
check", is an issue I've thought about since I installed the head.  When I
first lowered the head, then thought of something I had to check, I noticed
sandy particles in the cylinders that were not there prior to lowering the
head.  Well, I cleaned them out, but am now worrying that more may have come
down from the head.  I cleaned it, but must have missed some of the
abrasives the machine shop used to work the head.  If you think I don't need
to worry about this, I'll follow your advice.

Thanks,
Eric