TR3 Sway Bar Add-On?

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3 Sway Bar Add-On?
From: richard triplett <rtriplett25@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 09:30:54 -0800 (PST)
Tried searching archives, but no luck.

I'm in the initial stage of frame-off restoration of
1959 TR3A (42099L). I am considering performance
enhancements and have read about upgrades that people
have done with interest. I haven't heard too much
about the adding of front and/or rear sway bars,
though. Who has done this and how much improvement was
there? I see that VB has a 3/4" ADCO sway bar for
front and 5/8" for rear for $170 a piece. Rather
pricey, but I would bite the bullet if it was worth
it. Also, should the bushings be upgraded to urethane
for added rigidity? Is this is a simple project, or
does it require heavy modification?

Thanks!

Richard Jr.
Los Alamos, NM