Re: TR3B with 'wrong' (TR4) engine

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3B with 'wrong' (TR4) engine
From: "J.H. Roulleaux" <Jean.Rouleaux@skynet.be>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 00:51:10 +0100
Date sent:              Tue, 12 Dec 2000 07:48:12 -0800
To:                     "Don Sforza" <dsforza@megahits.com>,
        "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>,
        "Sherman D. Taffel" <staffel@home.com>
From:                   Bill & Skip Pugh <anabil@caltel.com>
Send reply to:          Bill & Skip Pugh <anabil@caltel.com>

Actually I had quite an education on the TR3B at the Palo Alto meet
(over 100 Triumphs + a few other LBCs <g>) the owner of one
particularly nice one explained to me that the TR3B was essentially
an TR4 with the TR3 body, it had a 2.2 Liter engine(to satisfy the US
need for speed/power), TR4 tranny, and most of the TR4 undercarriage,
so the emissions looking engine might, just might be original...
Never underestimate Triumph for kludging together cars from left over parts <G>
--
Bill Pugh
aka Wily

Bill do you really mean what you say or is it just a practical joke !!!!!
Jean
TRing since 1963