TR3 Tire Sizes

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3 Tire Sizes
From: Charles Centore <anacon@ziplink.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 09:28:55 -0500
Recently, I read an interesting article about a fellow who had
Racetorations in England do major performance surgery on a TR3. While
the article did not seem to to into any unexpected areas, one thing
seemed to peek my curiosity. They made the expected enhancements,
Webers, big liners, suspension mods, fuel cell , sway bars, roll bars
and on and on..The article noted that the car was shod with 15X7 in wheels.

 From all the discussion over the years on the web, I don't think I have
ever heard of anyone putting these brusiers on a TR3. Maybe I just
missed it, but is it possible? Does anyone have experience in this area
or know someone in the US who has gone this large with tires. I'm
assuming that normal 165R15 types just will not  fit on this rim. What
size rubber would you put on this rim and would you be required to chop
up the TR to get to this size.

Just wondering,

Thanks

Chuck Centore