Re: TR3 mentioned in Wall Street Journal article

To: Gbouff1@aol.com, Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3 mentioned in Wall Street Journal article
From: "" <greenman62@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 13:59:41 FILETIME=[C923BBB0:01C05AD5]
>Today there was an article in the Wall Street Journal about the value of
>vintage sports and race cars.  The writer made references to Ferrari GTOs,
>formual one racers, Jag "c" types, Mercedes,etc.  He also talks about the
>money that the "new rich" are spending on vintage vehicles and I offer the
>following excerpt as an example.
>     {Still, there is probably nothing like a Ferrari for global cachet.
>"Someone who's made a billion in telecoms, the Internet or on Wall Street
>wants to come into the hobby at the top," says Mr. kidston.  "He doesn't
>want
>to spend his weekend under the hood of a Triumph TR3." }

  I doubt the bazillionaire would spend a weekend under the hood of ANY
  car. Hell that's why there's a bunch of exotic car purveyors, agents
  and mechanics.... These "money people" are too busy making money and
  putting on airs to be bothered with what makes their status symbol
  tick.

  A few years back Peter Egan described these folks in his "Side
  Glances" column in Road & Track the article was titled:
  "THE PRICE OF EVERTHING AND THE VALUE OF NOTHING"...
  Check it out!

Greg Petrolati Champaign, Illinois       1962 TR4 (CT4852L)