Re: TR6 overdrive does not fit

To: pbrzozoski@netscape.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 overdrive does not fit
From: "Michael Ferguson" <fergie@ntplx.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2000 11:19:34 -0500
I'm not familiar with either the TR6 or the J-Type, but I know that on the
TR3/4/4A, there are at least two different crossmembers (the part that bolts
to the frame and that the mount itself bolts to). One crossmember is about
1/2" wider (front to back) and the holes are offset 1/2" to allow the
gearbox mount to be attached farther back. I believe mine came off of a TR4A
frame, but can't be sure. Then again, the design may be totally different on
the 6/J-Type, but just thought this might help. Good luck.

Michael Ferguson
1959 TR3A  TS53990L...O