TR3-4 stainless steel water pipe

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3-4 stainless steel water pipe
From: a Wallace <wallaces@superaje.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 08:26:37 -0500
Nice box of stuff arrives in from Moss via BPC, and in it there's this pipe
- it's the one that runs from the back of the water pump back along the
side of the engine, and it's supported by one of the bolts that holds the
coil. What a piece of junk.
Stickers on it say Falcon and Made in England, but I'd be embarrassed to
put my name on if I were them. It's all correctable, but I expected a
bolt-on replacement part. The diameter is a bit small; maybe crushing the
brass olive really hard will prevent it from leaking; I hope so. The bends
end up having it interfere with the cylinder head; I guess if I'm careful I
can hand unbend and re-bend a bit here and there and make that work. The
bracket that's held by the coil bolt is at least 1/2" too long; I can cut
off the excess and drill a new hole, and re-bend the bracket.
Should I just be quiet and get used to this? I thought I was restoring a
car, not the new parts.
Sorry for the rant - you're the folks who understand.....
Thanks for your ears,
Jim