Re: Brake lines

To: "david orcutt" <dorcutt@total.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Brake lines
From: "Tom Di Iulio" <diiulio@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2000 15:47:03 -0800
    dave, during my body-off restoration i purchased replacement lines from
classic tube,
http://www.classictube.com/frames/4/index.html, and was pleased with the fit
and quality.
you have an option of either original equipment steel or stainless steel. your
model year
prices out at $175 for oe and $199 for stainless. this is a complete set of
brake lines
(pre-bent) including fittings.
    on the d-i-y front, you can easily make them yourself  with brake line
stock from the
local napa house. you'll need a flaring tool, the connecting fittings, and a
bending tool.
buy extra brake tubing so you can screw up a bunch while you practice. i'm not
sure if
napa offers the proper fittings or not but i've seen a thread on this before so
i'm sure
someone will jump in.
    also, you should be able to re-use the plates that are rivetted onto the
inner chassis
member to hold the lines in place. good luck,
Tom Di Iulio
1976 TR6
Denver, CO