GT6 Mk III rear brakes

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: GT6 Mk III rear brakes
From: Sam Gentry <hsgentry@cfw.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2000 15:50:49 -0500
I am putting my 73 GT6 back together and I need a sample or picture of one
of the pipes from the rear brakes.  I have new pipes, but they need to be
bent and I don't have the old ones to see how they are routed.  It is the
pipe from the slave cylinder to the flexible hose.  I recently sold a 72
GT6 and I vaguely remember that it is a strange path.

None of the reference books that I have really show how it is routed.  In
fact, most of them don't show it at all.  It is NOT the same as a Spit (I
have several of them to look at).

If you have a GT6 MK III that is in a position to be photographed or if you
have a junked pipe from either wheel I would really appreciate it.

If anyone has a book that actually shows the pipe in question a copy of the
page would do the trick.

This is the pipe that attaches to the slave cylinder and to the end of the
flexible hose that attaches to the brake backing plate.

Thanks, Sam