[no subject]

To: <lrmetz@home.com>
From: "John Macartney" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2000 08:04:23 -0000
Cc: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Those who use their Triumph merely for recreation and not as a daily
driver are forgiven!!  Multiseason weather areas, a Triumph is not a
comfortable and reliable choice for daily driver.....that is an
opinion
with practical experience as support!

With the greatest respect, Larry - absolute codswallop! For the last
week, I have greatly enjoyed what you so comprehensively decry. Doors
that close with a 'clunk', mac strut front end, semi trailers at the
rear, 72 position adjustable driving seat, tilt and telescope steering
wheel, polished wood dash and door cappings, FRONT wheel drive, 93mph
top speed and a superb heater. I even allowed a friend who is six foot
nine to drive it and he marvelled at its comfort. It's an out and out
Triumph in the form of a late 1968 1300TC that was 32 years old last
month. Sadly, I have to return it to its owner next week and revert to
my eurobox daily driver in which changing fan and power steering belts
takes about four hours.

Jonmac