Re: Unknown car at the Vintage races

To: erl@virginia.edu, triumphs@autox.team.net, LaJoMor@aol.com
Subject: Re: Unknown car at the Vintage races
From: BPAULTR3@aol.com
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2000 22:32:35 EST
In a message dated 11/11/2000 4:10:28 PM Mountain Standard Time,
erl@virginia.edu writes:

<< I believe that the red car that you could not identify is a retired Indy
 racer from the late 30's, to the late 40's.  I'll bet it is powered by
 an Offenhauser (Offie) flathead four.  This was the standard design.
 I'm far to young to know this in person, but I do remember seeing pics
 of these cars in garages and auto shops.  The Offie flatheads dominated
 these races for years.

Yes, it looks like it should be Offie powered , but sorry it's really a Ford
special with a flathead Ford under the hood. The guy owning it is local and
the car is seen periodically.  He may have even built it himself.  Anyway
that's the rest of the story.

Bob Paul
Corrales NM