Re: Weak at low rpm

Subject: Re: Weak at low rpm
From: Randall Young <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 00:53:15 -0800
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
In order :
Valve lash
compression
ignition timing
valve timing
valve lift

My guess would be compression, I think you'll find the 74.5 to be in an
advanced state of wear.  Your description sounds exactly like a TR3 I
owned once, that turned out to have only 30-60 psi in each cylinder.
The wear on the cylinder walls was visible from 5 feet away and the
bearing inserts had no white metal left at all ...

But, it pulled really good between 3500 and 4000 <g>

Randall