Spit valve cover

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Spit valve cover
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2000 11:07:39 -0600
I picked up some parts from a plating shop yesterday and the shop owner
told me he had a Triumph valve cover that was left at his shop eight
years ago and never picked up. It has a beautiful chrome plating job on
it -- the shop does show quality work. I'm not very knowledgeable on
Sitfire parts, but written on the inside of the valve cover was "64
Spitfire". The shop owner is willing to sell it but has no idea what to
ask for it. As a standard of comparison, I had a TR valve cover
re-chromed and the cost was $90.

I have no personal interest in this thing, but it seems a shame for it
to languish in an attic when someone with a Spit would like to have it.
I don't quite know how to go about this, but if someone out there would
like to make an offer on it, please send me the price you would be
willing to pay and I will tell the plating shop and see if they'll sell
it for that.

--

uncle jack

The Attorney General advises that vintage racing may be hazardous to
your wealth.