Re: Cleaning out the hydraulics

Subject: Re: Cleaning out the hydraulics
From: Randall Young <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2000 22:35:38 -0800
Cc: "Tigers@autox,team.net" <tigers@autox.team.net>, Triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>, Alpines <alpines@autox.team.net>
Dan :

I was told some years ago that the correct solvent is Methanol, aka
Methyl Alcohol.  I was able to purchase it at the local drugstore, but
only by asking the pharmacist (druggist) for it.  It's quite a bit more
poisonous than either rubbing alcohol or Jack Daniels ...

Be sure your brake lines are quite dry afterwards, and don't use
ordinary shop air to blow them out.  It frequently has undesirable
elements, like water and oil in it.

Randall