TR6 Sway Bar on a TR4A

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 Sway Bar on a TR4A
From: "Gerald M. Van Vlack" <jerryvv@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2000 08:23:17 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
List,
Thanks to all who responded to me about installing poly bushings on the sway
bar. A combination of heating them in boiling water and light oil allowed me
to install them with ease.
I have another problem that could be solved if some one would be kind enough
to send me a few digital photos of the entire installation. I am uncertain
of the location and orientation of the brackets on the front lower control
arms and no combination that I have tried seems to work. Also does the sway
bar attach to the bottom or to the front of the frame piece that covers and
protects the front of the radiator? A picture would help here too.

I have had this TR 6 set up for many years but am only now getting around to
installation on my 4A. My assumption all along has been that the frames and
suspension are the same so the bar should install with ease. Has anyone on
the list done this? Moss's catalogue suggests that it can be done. I've had
many chances to take photos of TR 6's and didn't and now find myself
wondering how this all goes together. I will appreciate all of the help that
this list always provides. Thanks in advance.
Jerry Van Vlack