RE: Drum/Disk Brake post re: 'scary brakes'

To: "'bschwart@pacbell.net'" <bschwart@pacbell.net>, "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Drum/Disk Brake post re: 'scary brakes'
From: "Taffel, Sherman" <STaffel@bcps.k12.md.us>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 15:02:11 -0400charset="windows-1257"
Hi Barry

Your comments are well taken, and I didn't mean to leave the impresion
'generically or generally' I prefer brakes to disks,
that said,  I've never experienced any brake loss from cars with drum brakes
in heavy rain, however, I've had more problems with 'soaked' linings from
hydraulic leaks. In fact on my Jensen GT- I've got to replace the linings
for just this reason.

The GT is one of my 'newer' aditions to the Collection, and am just getting
around to beginning a full restoration project on this one.
Last winter I redid the wooden dash and electrics, now I've got some
mechanical items, and the body work and painting is 'scheduled' for this
winter. The spare LOTUS 907 DOHC head is almost ready.

Next year a Jensen National is planned for San Diego. I hope to drive the GT
to it. Hope to meet you then!

Sherman

Sherman D. TAffel
Columbia, MD