Monza Freefllow Exhaust & Resonators

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Monza Freefllow Exhaust & Resonators
From: "Arakelian, Peter" <arakelianp@mossmotors.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 08:01:54 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
I, too, had run Monza exhausts on my TR6 for many years and got tired of the
loud drone on long trips.  I went to a custom exhaust shop, it took some
looking around, but I found someone who did custom work for a lot of hot
rods, low riders, etc.  Ended up cutting off the two mufflers on the Monza
system (even though TR has a single pipe, Monza splits it into two mufflers,
two exists) and replacing them with 22 inch glass packs and 5 inch
resonators.  It made it much nicer on the road, but still has a deep
throaty(?) sound - still a little loud for my wife.  The resonators act like
an additional glass pack.  The Monza have resonators on them as well. The
advantage of a custom shop is he took his time, understood it was a classic
car, made it look nice, and knew what I meant when I described the level of
noise I wanted.
Peter Arakelian - '71 TR6
Domestic Buyer
Moss Motors, Ltd.