On the road again

To: TR250 <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: On the road again
From: David Brady <dmb@cisco.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 01:16:22 -0700
After a three and a half year frame off nuts and bolts
restoration, my TR250 (CD8124L) is insured and registered
and on the road again!

I'll post a write-up soon describing my journey. In the
meantime, I'm still working out a few bugs, and will be
for some time to come. My biggest problem is fuel
starvation on turns, left or right. I put HS6 SU carbs
on her. Could there be an issue with the float level?

Another problem is the electric fan thermoelectric switch.
I'm using BMW part number #1VT14AA231F1384272BMW
91c V25, which should be the same as NAPA part
#ECH-FS198. My problem is that the fan only comes
on when the temp gauge is almost in the red. On hot
days, it comes very close to over heating. I find myself
turning on the fan's manual override to keep the motor
cool. This switch is supposed to be on at 180 deg F.

Does anyone know of a cooler thermoelectric switch?

Thanks,
David Brady
68 TR250