Re: Spark plugs

Subject: Re: Spark plugs
From: Randall Young <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2000 15:57:03 -0700
Cc: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Paul :

The notch on the side of the tool is supposed to slip over the side
electrode on the plug, allowing you to gently bend it to make the gap
wider.  Most of them don't work worth beans.

I don't know about the 'correct' way, but any way that does not apply
pressure to the center electrode is acceptable.  I usually 'rap' the
plug against something (like the engine block) to narrow the gap, and
use pliers to bend the side electrode to widen the gap.

Randall