Re: top up in rai

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: top up in rai
From: john donohoe <gt6driver@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 07:08:52 -0700 (PDT)
Hi again Aribert (and all),

Though I don't take it to work every day, the old
Lotus Seven I bought this summer happens to be pretty
good at avoiding rain too!

I do use the car almost daily for errands "honey can
you get some milk?" or "can you pick up Carrie from
piano?"

I jump at every chance, and usually take the long way!

Anyway, yesterday evening, I could see the edge of
that storm blowing by north of Williamston, and took
the Seven about three miles up the street to "pick up
Carrie" from piano. I asked her if we should go for a
"spin around the block" but she looked at the stormy
sky and said maybe nnot. Just as we stepped out the
door of the teacher's house, the sky let loose.
Carrie, (seven years old) said "Uh oh" but we hopped
in the car giggling crazily. We sat under a big tree
at the end of the drive waiting for the traffic to
clear, and actually were well protected. We pulled
onto the road into the torrent, and after about 15
seconds, it stopped!

By the time we pulled into our driveway, the sun was
out again and my wife was watching out the window for
us with that "you're a nut" look on her face.

God I love little british cars (and my wife too!)

John Donohoe
'70 GT6+ KC81718 (rebuilt diff awaiting install)
'62 Lotus Seven America (I think) SB1135