74 TR6 CD 2 carb adjust ?

To: "Al Dufault" <adufault@nycap.rr.com>
Subject: 74 TR6 CD 2 carb adjust ?
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2000 12:33:01 -0400
Cc: "[unknown]" <Triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Message text written by "Al Dufault"
>Hi All, On the 74 there is a screw with a locking nut near the slow
running
or idle screw.  When raised and lowered it pushes a spring loaded pin into
the carburetor.  Any idea of the setting of this screw?  I don't see it in
any of my Bibles. I see this screw pictured for the auto carb, but mine is
not.
Thanks for any help,
Al Dufault
<

Al,

This screw adjusts the action of the plunger that operates a valve that
swaps the vent for the float chamber from the tube leading to the charcoal
canister to a vent opening at the air cleaner.  When the throttle is closed
(at idle) the float chamber is vented through the tube to the charcoal
canister and when the throttle is open the float chamber vents to a port on
the front face of the carb at the air cleaner.

My advice is to not mess with it if you haven't already.  If it is adjusted
improperly it can cause the throttle to hang up at some point.  But the
screw adjusts the amout of travel there is in a second motion piece that
operates on the plunger.

Sorry if this sounds like rambling but I am working from memory. (and it's
been a few years)

Dave