Recommendations for Distributor Replacement

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Recommendations for Distributor Replacement
From: "KENNETH A. vonKLUCK" <KAVONKLU@defrees.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2000 09:50:59 -0500
The Lucas distributor in my 1963 TR-4 has suffered terminal damage and must be
replaced.  My choices appear to be a rebuilt Lucas unit or a new Mallory
mechanical advance unit.  Daily driving and reliability are more important than
original condition.  Does any one have experience gained from having to make
the same choice.  Am I going to complicate ignition timing or other running
issues by using a Mallory distributor.  The engine now has 89mm pistons and the
head has been milled .070".  Does any one have recommendations and suggestions.

Ken von Kluck, CT20590L since new