RE: SU carb question

Subject: RE: SU carb question
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2000 13:54:36 -0700
Cc: spitfires@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
I disagree.  The float level is nowhere near as critical as the jet level.
 This is because the important part of the jet is the size of the effective
opening, which is set by how far the needle goes into the jet.  A 1/16"
(.0625") change in fuel level will require less than .001" jet movement to
compensate.  Which is good, because the floats don't control the level all that
accurate anyway <g>

Another way to look at it is that the carburetor venturi suction is much more
than 1/16" of gasoline.

Randall
59 TR3A daily driver  -  still running SU H6 carbs