Re: DHL .edu>

To: Bill Gunshannon <bill@cs.scranton.edu>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: DHL .edu>
From: Erik Quackenbush <erik@midwestfilter.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 09:50:09 -0500
>No, I'm not.  You contract with a bail bondsman.  I have never contracted
>for anything with DHL.

OK, it was an imperfect analogy. The contract in question is between DHL
and the US government.

You do owe the US government the money, and DHL is collecting this money on
their behalf. This keeps the bureaucracy smaller and gets us our packages
quicker, and I'm all for it.

When I lived in Chester County PA the government contracted with a private
company called Burkheimer (sp?) to administer their local income tax
collection. You could argue all day that you never signed a contract with
Burkheimer, but if you didn't pay they would still nail you for tax evasion.

-Erik

--
Erik Quackenbush, V.P. Operations, Midwest Filter Corporation
1-847-680-0566 fax: 1-847-680-0832 http://www.midwestfilter.com