Re: TR4 jacking

To: Herald948@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR4 jacking
From: "Michael D. Porter" <mporter@zianet.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 10:38:19 -0600
Cc: pethier@isd.net, triumphs@autox.team.net

Herald948@aol.com wrote:

> If you've had a car come off of a jack or jackstands or any other support
> either ON or even NEAR you, you'll know it is an experience you'll not want
> to repeat.

One of our trainers was apparently witness to something even better than
that... a 27,000 lb. bus coming off a lift from a height of about five
feet, in the garage of a rather large midwestern customer, which shall
remain nameless for the time being. Let us simply say that it slid
forward and down, and two people rather narrowly escaped being crushed
between a mechanic's toolbox set and a concrete wall.

The greater tragedy apparently was not the loss of the bus, but, rather,
the loss of the toolboxes, which were well-flattened--in that garage,
each mechanic had a set of boxes--one for tools, one for kitchen
appliances and cooking utensils and one for the sound system.

Cheers.

--

Michael D. Porter
Roswell, NM