TR4 jacking

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR4 jacking
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 01:51:00 -0500
I have not yet checked this in the books, because, frankly, I trust you
folks more than the books anyway.  I have learned this because the Lotus
books are wrong and the "official" method of jacking actually damages a
Europa.

OK, my assumption is that to put the TR4 on jackstands you:

Jack the rear with a floor jack under the diff.

Place 2x4s under the frame rails near the rear spring mounts to pad the
jackstands.

Jack the front with a floor jack under the front crossmember.

Place 2x4s under the frame rails near the front suspension to pad the
jackstands.

Please let me know what's best.

ADthanksVANCE

1970 Lotus Europa, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1986 Chev Suburban, 1962 Triumph TR4