RE: TR6 keys

To: slevine@toucan.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: TR6 keys
From: Day.John@fin.gc.ca
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 08:20:17 -0400
Your owner's manual says the ignition and door keys are the same??!! That's
new. My 1976 TR6 still has both sets of original keys for all 3
applications: ignition, doors, and glovebox/boot. Their codes match the
specs listed on my BMIHT certificate I got years ago. I can't imagine it
ever being different to that for any model year TR6, especially when you say
you're the original owner and received 3 keys at the time. Glad to hear that
'Customer Service' was an oxymoron 30 years ago as well. So much for
warranties or trying to do right by the customer! Verrrrrrry interesting
(but not surprising). Cheers, JD