TR6 keys

To: triumph list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 keys
From: Sandy Levine <slevine@toucan.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 21:01:02 -0700
how many different keys came with a 70 TR6? I am the original owner and when
I picked the car up from the dealer he gave me three keys. A single sided
key for the ignition, a single sided key for the truck/glove box and a
double sided key for the doors.

When I got home I found that one of the door locks didn't work so the dealer
put in a new lock and then I had 4 keys. No amount of arguing would get the
dealer to change the lock to match the other side. As I lived over 50 miles
from the dealer I finally just gave up and accepted the multiple keys. I
finally wound up with 5 keys when I added an alarm - a key was
state-of-the-art then.

Now after 30 years, I just read the owners manual which said the the
ignition and door keys are the same.

Is there anyone out there that knows for a fact how a 1970 was delivered
from the factory? And if the owner's manual is correct - how did I wind up
with 3 keys?

--
Sandy Levine
70 TR6 - almost there