Wiring TR3

To: "James Fowler" <jFowler@mail.southeast.cc.nc.us>
Subject: Wiring TR3
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 10:38:15 -0400
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Message text written by "James Fowler"
>I have almost completed a frame-off restoration of a 1960 TR3A.
That included a new wiring harness (TRF), coil, fuse box, and starter
solenoid.  I change the positive ground to negative, as described in a VTR
section.  I have wired all parts of the center dash panel using a wiring
diagram as a guide.  I have not completed wiring the lights or horns.
Using an ohm meter, all of the grounds check out.  Once the battery is
connected , I can use the solenoid button to turn over the motor.  My
problem is that I am not getting any current to the panel, the keyed
ignition switch, the coil, or the push starter.  Could the regulator break
that circuit?  Any hints?

60 TR3A  70K series
<

Perhaps.  There are two terminals for Brown wires on the regulator that are
interconnected internal to the regulator.  If this internal connection is
faulty there will be no voltage to some of the circuits.  Check with a
voltmeter to see if there is any voltage between these two terminals.

Or not.  I could be thinking of the Austin Healey.

Either way, it sounds like there are some brown wires that are not
connected to the battery.  Does anything else work?  like the horn?  Is
there a brown wire on the solenoid terminal connected to the battery?

Dave