RE: Update: Unknown frightening noise

To: "Roger Colson" <sassamon@mediaone.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Update: Unknown frightening noise
From: "Brian Sanborn" <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 21:33:15 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Roger,

The oil pressure is marginal and could signal worn bearings.  But
rule out everything else.

More likely to be rod bearings than mains.  Mine were very worn
and the mains were worn but not ready to give up the fight.  You
could change the rod bearings from below to stave off an engine
rebuild for a year or two.

Personally... I would dive in for the rebuild this winter.  That
way you can clean and paint he engine bay and get into full blown
shipwrights syndrome.

Brian Sanborn
62 TR4  CT16260L - Groton, MA

My TR4 Restoration Web Site