Paint Question

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Paint Question
From: "Mike Quinn" <Mquinn698@aps.faseb.org>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 14:48:49 -0400
I just painted the engine compartment, floors and trunk in my TR4A last week. I
came out looking pretty good but I had more orange peel than I think I should
have. I have a Craftsman 5HP air compressor that puts out 9 cfm @ 40 lbs and I
have the Craftsman Auto paint quality gun that requires 7.2 cfm at 40lbs. I set
the compressor at 40 lbs. The primer went on real smooth but not the color
coat. I've painted before but not with enamal. It seemed to me that I may have
used to much pressure and the paint was drying to quickly. Or could I have not
thinned the paint enough.
Thanks in advance.
--Mike Quinn
67 TR4A - IRS