Re: [Moving to New Jersey]

To: Stephen Peca <sppchicago@excite.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Moving to New Jersey]
From: steve offord <steveofford@netscape.net>
Date: 3 Aug 00 09:01:54 EDT
Hi Steve,
Well good luck with your move.

To license your vehicle as a "historic"  you will need to obtain a title in NJ
and insurance (Go with some of the classoic car insurers as listed in
Hemmings).  Take the the title, insurance card and at least two clear photos
of the sides, front and back down to the DMV on Front st. in Trenton.  There
for a charge of $35.  you will receive a registration card and Historic
plates.  The car will not require inspection and the registration lasts three
years before renewal is required.

The Red Mill show in Clinton is a nice show set in Historic Clinton.  This was
the second year and I expect it will beconme an annual affair.  One of the
bvest shows in the area is New Hope Auto Show.  Held the second weekend of
August.  I think thuis is going on to the 35 (?) year and has everything from
vintage prewar american to classic muscle cars and british.  Always an
excellent turnout of TRs, Jags, Aston Martins along with Italian exotics.  The
show is in New Hope Pa, right on the NJ/PA border.

Regarding repair shops, try Don's Jag in Flemington.  Despite the name, he
does a lot of work on TRs.  Is fair, honest and reasonably priced.
Good luck,
Steve Offord
69 Jag E-type Coupe
59 TR3A
71 Norton Commando

  Stephen Peca <sppchicago@excite.com> wrote:

In about two weeks I will be moving to Western New Jersey from the Chicago
area.  I would welcome any advice New Jersey listers could offer about
driving and licensing a classic car in the state, reliable mechanics and
upcoming events.

I noticed that there was a British car show held in Clinton, NJ this past
June.  Does anyone know if this is an annual event?  Does anyone know who
organizes this event?  Any other information would be appreciated.  Thanks
in advance.

Steve Peca
Franklin Twp, New Jersey
1958 TR3A - TS23867L