RE: Attaching TR3 Wheel Arch Covering

Subject: RE: Attaching TR3 Wheel Arch Covering
From: "Brian Sanborn" <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 20:25:51 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
David,

I just did this on my TR4.  I had the same reaction.  They don't
fit without a lot of stretching and pulling.  The important thing
is to get the white piping along the right line and with no
wiggles.  I started with the bottom by gluing the two surfaces
and placing the piping first and the smoothing and pulling toward
the bottom.  You want to get the piping fold over in the back to
go the right way...   I think it'd pointing down.  When the glue
is set I sprayed on the glue for the top and pulled and set.

It came out pretty good. But I had serious doubts before I
started.

Brian Sanborn
62 TR4  CT16260L - Groton, MA

My TR4 Restoration Web Site