Re: Fw: When were rear reflectors used on Mk3 and GT6+ ?

To: <bethken@erols.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fw: When were rear reflectors used on Mk3 and GT6+ ?
From: Herald948@aol.com
Date: Thu Jun 29 10:36:53 2000
In a message dated Thu, 29 Jun 2000 10:28:34 AM Eastern Daylight Time, "Beth &
Ken"  writes:

<<My 1970 GT6+ has reflectors on the rear valance just inside of the amber turn
signals. I know that some Mk3 Spits also had them...>>

Ken, these reflectors, along with that bizarre "plinth" with the two small
license plate lamps and the L595 single backup lamp, were used only on the 1970
US "Federal" models. Other 1970 models of the Spitfire Mk.3 and GT6 Mk2 (+)
used that plinth but not the reflectors. Of course, those Federal cars
originally had unique taillamp lenses WITHOUT reflective capacity. Those lenses
are, at best, very difficult to find nowadays, having been out of production
for probably a good 20+ years.

--Andy

Andrew Mace, President, The Vintage Triumph Register