Re: TR3 Windscreen Gasket

Subject: Re: TR3 Windscreen Gasket
From: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2000 23:43:51 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Michael :

No, in fact the bottom section must already be assembled to the rest of
the frame when installing the gasket, as the gasket covers the screws.

When removing the stanchions, take careful note of which screws go
where, they aren't exactly the same length, and wrong installation can
crack the windshield.

Check the archives for advice on how tight to pull the gasket when
installing.  The first time I did mine, I pulled it snug (no waves) and
trimmed to length with the result that it shrunk and tore within a few
months.  The second time, I stuffed the whole thing into place (lots of
waves), thinking it would shrink to fit.  That was over 10 years ago,
and it still doesn't quite fit <g>

Randall