TR6: Wiper Rotor Attachment?

To: "Martin A. Secrest" <msecrest@erols.com>
Subject: TR6: Wiper Rotor Attachment?
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 08:51:54 -0400
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Message text written by "Martin A. Secrest"
>Hi folks:

I've got one of those weird questions that my Haynes manual prefers not
to address.

On a '72 TR6, what exactly secures the wiper rotor from the BACKSIDE as
it protrudes through the
body shell in front of the windshield?  My right wiper rotor is so loose
that the wiper arm just flew
off the car the first time I had to use the wipers in the rain.  A
closer inspection revealed that the rotor was not secured as was the
other one, but I can't really tell what's holding the other one on(!)

Hey ... it's the little things that make life interesting and your left
eye twitch involuntarily.

--
Martin Secrest
<

There is a beveled spacer that is cut at the same angle as the plastic one
on the top side (with the washer jet) that is underneath.  When clamped up
tight the two spacers position the wheel box at the proper angle and the
wiper blades are so happy that they never fly off.  (well, almost never)

Dave