Re: Still having clutch problems

To: <VK0216@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Still having clutch problems
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 20:32:54 +0100charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Hi Virgil
It sounds more and more like the centre plate is sticking on the splines on
the input shaft, whether this would be affected by rotating versus
stationary engine is some thing that can be surmised over for hours or even
days, I think you ar going to have to pull the box out and make sure the
centre plate moves freely on the spline. Also I have experienced a problem
with mis matched components in the past, this was caused by a supplier that
provided us with a Laycock clutch cover and a Borg and Beck centre plate, or
vice versa, there is a difference which causes some problems but I do not
remember the driving symptoms. I think I have heard that these bits will
interchange one way but not the other, and that there are other brands that
won't mix-n-match.

Graham.
2500 PI MKII
Sprinted Dolomite