76 TR6 handbrake

To: TR6 List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: 76 TR6 handbrake
From: Jim Davis <jh_davis@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 18:54:49 -0400
List,
        I'm considering installing a handbrake assembly for a 76 TR6 in one of
my 75 TR6's, CF38690. Problem is, the handle is too large to fit through
the cover trim piece. Unfortunately, I haven't had much experience in
this area and wonder if I should just cut the stitches around the handle
cover and have it re-stitched. Were the 76 trim pieces different than
the earlier models? I doubt the replacements available are sized
differently so maybe someone with a 76 model, or has re-trimmed one can
advise me.
Suggestions, comments appreciated,
Jim Davis
Fortson, GA