Re: GT6 gearbox

To: "David A. Templeton" <davidt@opentext.com>
Subject: Re: GT6 gearbox
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 10:50:41 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
David,
That will depend entirely on what is wrong.  Things like cluster gears are very
expensive as are the hubs.  However, synchro rings
aren't all that bad and if you don't have to replace any of the main gears,
hubs or shafts, you can probably get by for a hundred bucks
or so (US) if you do the work yourself.  If you can get several parts tranies,
you might be able to cannibalize them to make one good
one without having to buy new parts.  But always replace the seals and bearings
just to be on the safe side!

Joe