re: 1976 TR7 Questions

To: "TR8 List \(E-mail\)" <tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu>, "'triumphs@autox. team. net' \(E-mail\)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: re: 1976 TR7 Questions
From: "Jim Altman" <jaltman@altlaw.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 12:54:16 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Thank you all for the replies on and off list.  I am basically up and
running.  My timing marks are just plain not there, so I'll have to find TDC
and mark me some new ones. The engine seems to be running quite hot as the
high speed fans are kicking in fairly routinely, but I don't really know
since my temp gauge remains nonfunctional at this time.  I shorted the wire
at the sensor to ground and still had no reading on the gauge so maybe the
meter is shot or some other intermediate wiring problem.

However, I passed emissions testing with flying colors so I know I am on the
path to truth and righteousness.  Next comes wheel bearings and brake
redo's. After that the A/C needs resurrection, dang its been hot!

Oh yeah, Bentleys reports backorders being filled so my shop manual ought to
be here shortly, that'll really help.

Thanks again to all.

Jim Altman  jaltman@altlaw.com Illigitimi non Carborundum
http://www.altlaw.com/metro/jaltman.html    69-TR6 76-TR7 80-TR8  W4UCK