Wahooo!!!!! and Thanks!

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Wahooo!!!!! and Thanks!
From: "Michael Ferguson" <fergie@ntplx.net>
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2000 22:26:31 -0500
Overdrive is SOOOO COOL!!!!!!! It's been about 25 years since I sold my
first TR3A...with OD. When I bought this car last year, even after that long
an "absence", I really missed the OD. My "new" one is a used gearbox w/ OD
that I picked up in unknown condition and I decided to gamble and install it
rather than rebuild first. I figured maybe I'd get a year or two out of it
before I have to rebuild. Well, it took me aver a month, but it's finally
installed and is SOOO nice!!

Thanks VERY much to all of you who helped along the way, either with advice,
commiseration or actual hands on help. Every bit of it was most appreciated.
The prize goes to Henry Frye though, for dropping what he was doing, driving
to my house (about an hour and a half round-trip) with a box of parts,
helping me figure out what was wrong (bent throwout bearing yoke, if you can
believe that!), removing the OD box, installing my old one to test the TOB
and then reinstalling the OD box after we figured out what was wrong. Fixed
the problem in about three hours after my working on it for nearly a month!

Brian Sanborn offered to drive from Boston to help, but I figured that was
just asking too much. Maybe if I'd taken him up on his offer, I'd have been
on the road weeks ago!

Then there's Brian Schlorff, Power British Performance Parts, who sent me a
NOS throwout bearing on approval. (if it works, send me $25 - if it doesn't
toss it!) Never even MET the guy!! Certainly hope to one day though.

Last but not least, thanks to all the fine folks who answered my List
questions about this or that. I have no idea how I would be able to get some
of these things done if it wasn't for this list!

Speaking of List advice, for those of you who participated in "The Great
Solenoid-Setting Debate", I planned to try the 3/16" pin routine first and,
if that didn't work, to follow Mr. Finespanner's method. THE PIN THING
WORKED after all! Jim Ruffner'll be delighted!  :^)

Anyway, sorry to be so long winded. Just so pumped that I have OD, it's hard
to restrain myself. Hmmm, do I dare drive to the NJTA show this weekend?
Right now, I think we must be out of bread or milk or something...maybe I'll
go out and get some....

Michael Ferguson
1959 TR3A  TS53990L...O!!!