Re: Quaife Differentials

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Quaife Differentials
From: Erik Quackenbush <erik@midwestfilter.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 09:50:05 -0500

Sometime last year I got a fax from RT Quaife Engineering Ltd. quoting me
approximately 500 pounds plus shipping for a TR-6 diff, which worked out to
roughly $850 at the time. I ended up buying one from Moss when they were on
sale for about $1000. The small premium was worth it to me since I didn't
have to worry about customs duties or paperwork and it  will be faster and
cheaper to deal with Moss if I ever have a problem.

The price of quality steel has gone up quite a bit in the last year. We've
had to raise prices on some of the industrial filter housings we sell due
to the rising cost of materials, and I imagine companies like Quaife have
also been affected.

-Erik

--
Erik Quackenbush, V.P. Operations, Midwest Filter Corporation
1-847-680-0566 fax: 1-847-680-0832 http://www.midwestfilter.com