Re: Car show participation.

To: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: Car show participation.
From: George Richardson <gprtech@frontiernet.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2000 15:47:52 -0400
Cc: Roger Colson <sassamon@mediaone.net>, "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
I took a printout of my TR3 car web site with me to the Westwood NJ NJTA
show today. Last year I got third place for the TR3, mostly because
there were only three of them there!

Today, from a field of six or seven TR3s, I still took third, even
though an immaculate one (and the first place winner) was parked next to
mine. Either my web site printout helped, or the fact that I left the
hood down and he kept it up hurt him. Maybe both. I also put the crank
in the front of the car, where he just displayed it. Sometimes it's good
for a laugh, sometimes a vote.

I was kind of ticked about the woman who went around telling people what
"wasn't original" on my car. not realizing a small mouth has numerous
differences from the later cars.

Anyway, it was a good day. First British show I ever saw where there
were not many MGBs, 4 or 5, one MGA, 2 or 3 TDs, An XK140, a '91 Jag XJS
(Yuk!) 2 or 3 Morgans, some Spridgets, TVRs and a big assortment of
Triumphs.

I finally got to see Bill Kelly's Herald, and gave it my vote for best
"other". Some nice TR6s, Spits, a few TR4s 3 or 4 TR7s, and a really
nice TR250. Nothing really exotic this year, The Reliant 3 wheeler and
Minis didn't show, and the '30s Rolls has been sold to someone in Spain.

--
George Richardson
Wyvern - '57 Triumph TR3, TS15559LT -